Certified Kubernetes Administrator
(CKA) Crash Course
A Kubernetes Certification can take your career to a whole new level. This course explains several important aspects of taking the official Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) exam. You will learn about the exam procedure, where to find the latest information about the exam, and a few helpful tips for taking the exam.
Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) Crash Course
A Kubernetes Certification can take your career to a whole new level.
Learning Kubernetes is essential for any DevOps professional.
DevOps engineers are always in demand.
Currently the average Silicon Valley salary for a DevOps engineer is 20% higher than what a software engineer makes. DevOps engineers make an average of $140,000 to $200,000 annually.
Kubernetes is an open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.
It was originally designed by Google and is now maintained by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation.
Lectures alone will not help you clear the certification. This Kubernetes Certification is a practical hands-on exam.
You will need hands-on experience and you will need to practice.
This course explains several important aspects of taking the official Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) exam. You will learn about the exam procedure, where to find the latest information about the exam, and a few helpful tips for taking the exam.
The Exam Objectives are below and will be covered in the course.
• Cluster Architecture, Installation & Configuration 25%
• Workloads & Scheduling 15%
• Services & Networking 20%
• Storage 10%
• Troubleshooting 30%
The following topics are covered.
• Kubernetes history - where it came from
• Kubernetes – Business Benefits
• Kubernetes Architecture - Masters, Nodes, Pods, Services & Deployments
• Understand the desired state and declarative model
• Installing Kubernetes on Minikube, GCP
• What are Services, Deployments and Containers
• Working with Pods. Deploying your first pod.
• Kubernetes Control Plane
• Kubernetes Ingress and Egress
• Hands-On: Kubernetes deployments. Creating your first deployment
• Exam Preparation Scenario Questions
• Career Demand and Salaries
What can you expect from this Course?
• Full downloadable content
• Kubernetes Demos
• Whiteboard Discussions
• Practice Questions
• Optional Exercises to follow
Who would be the target audience?
This course is for Kubernetes beginners and experienced professionals that want to have full coverage of the updated CKA exam objectives.
Kubernetes and the Kubernetes logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Linux Foundation. in the United States and/or other countries. The Linux Foundation and other parties may also have trademark rights in other terms used herein. This course is not certified, accredited, affiliated with, nor endorsed by Kubernetes or The Linux Foundation.
- Access to Free Tier or Free Credits on a cloud platform or your own resources.