How to Setup the AWS Command Line Interface (CLI) on Linux or WindowsNov 02, 2022
The AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI) is a unified tool to manage your AWS services.
With this one tool to download and configure, you can control multiple AWS services from the command line and automate them through scripts.
The AWS CLI v2 offers several new features including improved installers, new configuration options such as AWS IAM Identity Center (successor to AWS SSO), and various interactive features.
This article will guide you to setup the AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI) on Linux or Windows
Setting up the AWS CLI on Windows
- Download the AWS CLI MSI installer for Windows (64-bit) from https://awscli.amazonaws.com/AWSCLIV2.msi
- Run the downloaded MSI installer and follow the on-screen instructions. By default, the AWS CLI installs to C:\Program Files\Amazon\AWSCLIV2.
- To confirm the installation, open a command prompt window, and run the following command:
>> aws --version
Setting up the AWS CLI on Linux
- Download the installation file using the following curl command:
>> curl "https://awscli.amazonaws.com/awscli-exe-linux-x86_64.zip" -o "awscliv2.zip"
- Run the following command to unzip the installation file:
>> $ unzip awscliv2.zip
- Run the following command to start the installation:
>> sudo ./aws/install
- Confirm the installation using the following command:
>> aws --version
Why should you be interested in a career in cloud computing right now?
Listen to the short explainer video and consider the right training here with TechCommanders AWS Training.
Did you know that Cloud Engineers on average make over $120,000 according to numerous industry studies?
You can start changing your life today!
Join TechCommanders Today.
Over 60 Courses and Practice Questions!
Coaching and CloudINterviewACE
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.