The aim of this course is to get the participants thorough with the Blockchain security methods, best practices, and risk mitigation.
The course will focus on the major enterprise blockchains Ethereum, Corda and Hyperledger Fabric specifically.
The participants can then demonstrate appropriate Blockchain data safeguarding techniques based on the threat that they come across.
The course will walk the students thru important tasks around Identifying and differentiating between security threats and actual attacks on a Blockchain network.
We will then proceed and then cover blockchain security methods, best practices, risk mitigation, and more. The course will discuss known (to date) cyber-attack vectors on the Ethereum Blockchain.
Students will learn how to perform actual Blockchain network security risk analysis and how to remediate any potential risks.
By the end of the course the students will have a concise understanding of enterprise blockchain's inherent security features and risks as well as safeguarding the blockchain data.
This blockchain security course is for targeted for security professionals, software developers, project managers and executives with blockchain projects to fully comprehend an enterprise blockchain application’s security implementation.
As a result of completing this course the students will be able to align their experience with this emerging technology needs and be fully aware of security pros, cons, development, maintenance, and mitigation aspects.
- Blockchains provide for a revolutionary decentralized platform which enterprises can use for data processing, archiving and auditing. However, as with any technology they are only as secure as the professionals managing them. Blockchains use asymmetric cryptography to ensure the authenticity and integrity of transactions stored on the distributed ledger.
- The students will gain a full understanding of the complexity of blockchains and the technology concerns that a security minded organization needs to understand and be proactive in assessing risk on the blockchain.
- By the end of the course, participants can identify and differentiate between security threats and attacks on a Blockchain network. They will know how to perform Blockchain network security risk analysis. They will have excellent knowledge of the best security practices for them to be Blockchain System/Network Administrators.
What You'll Learn
✔ What are blockchain security best practices
✔ What are common vulnerabilities
✔ What are ways to remediate vulnerabilities
✔ How to perform an assessment
✔ Threats in Hyperledger deployments
✔ Threat in R3 Corda Deployments
✔ Threats with Ethereum platform based deployments
✔ Development best practices
- Prior blockchain knowledge is useful but not needed
- Wanting to obtain a certification as well would be helpful