Intro to Blockchain Technology Basics
Learn about what blockchain is, how it's different from Cryptocurrency and what companies are using blockchains for.
3,358 students enrolled
Blockchain creates a shared system of record among business network members, eliminating the need to reconcile disparate ledgers. Blockchain is disruptive technology and if your in a business such as finance, insurance, logistics and IT you need to learn blockchain.
This course was designed to help give a broad overview for aspiring blockchain professionals before they move on to move complex blockchain subjects such as implementations, Proof of concepts, Ethereum programming,etc
The course covers the following areas:
- What is Blockchain?
- What is a Cryptocurrency?
- What is the difference between Blockchain and Bitcoin?
- What is Ethereum?
- What is Metamask
- What is a Blockchain Explorer
- What is a Smart Contract?
- What is a Blockchain as a Service(BaaS)?
- What is Bitcoin/Litecoin wallet?
- Additional demos and whiteboard sessions
This course includes
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 29 lectures
- 1 downloadable resource
- demos and whiteboard examples
- Accredible Certificate of Completion
Who is This Course For?
- Professionals who want to understand how Blockchain influencing industries they are in.
- Anyone wanting a quick foundation into blockchain technology.
- Any students in college who want to start a career in Blockchain
- People who want to learn more about how blockchains are impacting the world through real world applications examples
What you'll learn
✓ What is Cryptocurrency and what are the differences between blockchains
✓ What is Ethereum and how is it different than Bitcoin
✓ Career Outlook for blockchain experts
✓ Get a deep understanding of how Blockchain as a technology works
✓ What is Cryptographic Hash Function
✓ What are the Cryptographic Hash Functions in Blockchain
✓ What is a Blockchain and how you can apply it to the real world
✓ What are some basic use cases for blockchains in business and the government
✓ What is Litecoin and how can recieve Litecoin funds via a wallet
✓ Identify real Industry Applications and learn how Blockchain affecting real world right now.
✓ What is Smart Contract and How it is implemented in business
✓ Compare and Contrast the architectures of Hyperledger, Corda and Ethereum Platforms
- This course is a basic introduction with minimal requirements as follows
- Must have access to a computer with a browser to go to suggested links
- Read reference requirements provided by instructor to solidify learning
- Some basic IT networking experience not needed but would be helpful to advance in learning
- Have a passion to learn about the most disruptive technology right now on the market